Hi ! Announcing the New INDEX Tab

The new INDEX Tab on the above Home menu bar replaces the old Archive and Label widgets. Now readers will find it easier to find content on this Blog! Tell your friends if you find this new feature useful. Thank you for your support!

2010-03-16: Jo

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Jo Chan wrote:

To: bfcAsia

hi, how are you? We are still keeping you in prayer. I met Hui Lin's wife last week. She said she know about you and she will get in touch with you. Keep smiling for God has a plan for you and everyone on earth. Jesus is coming.cos we are suffering. He has promised us that there will be so suffering when He comes.God bless you and gives you no pain. Cling on for He said I am here to protect you and keep you from harm and I will give you rest. He can but we can't. He can do the impossible. Cheer up. He is there for you. Just call out to Him.

Sorry I am not very good with words but i know GOD's Word is healing...

Love sister in Christ,

From: bfcAsia
To: Josephine
Monday, 22 February 2010 19:21:26

my dear Josephine:

Thank you for your phone call to express your care and concern. My wife and I were really touched by your kindness.

I thought however it best to explain to you my situation so that you will not misunderstand us. We also do not wish to lie to you.

I have been unwell since 2nd half last year, but by God's grace, was able to attend Sunday service and prayer meetings regularly. Pastor Gideon and one or two knew my health condition, and had been praying for me. Praise God.

Suffice to say, I need a lot of rest and sleep at this time. I am unable to entertain visitors, not even my own siblings or inner circle of friends, simply because well, I need lots of rest and sleep. *grin* I get tired easily.

I could have told you details of my affliction. But if you know more than what I've confided in you (hoarse voice and headaches), you would then be put in a difficult position when other members ask about me. In good conscience you would tell them what you know.

And that would then start a chain reaction of members calling to express their love and concern, well-wishes and desire to visit, if permissible. All caring, all well-intentioned, but...

You know, I don't want to compromise your integrity by telling you the details and then asking you to keep that private and confidential. So I hope for your understanding. I need to rest and sleep, and it would not do for me to respond all the time to phone calls or visits na.

You know, when I was hospitalized, I found visitors very taxing on my energy level. Two families of my 5 siblings had visited me - despite my requests for no visits - and I had to field answers after answers to their worried questions, such as What happened to you, What are you suffering from? Can you please tell us? followed by long lectures on how I should have taken care of my health, should have eaten properly, should not have worked so hard, etc. etc.

Some friends heard, and after the mandatory initial exchange of Q&A *grin*, insisted I check out their favorite doctor, try their favorite Chinese herbs, or even visit a religious shrine at Novena to pray. Some wanted me or my wife to attend special prayer workshops on the Holy Spirit ministry. All very well-intentioned, and I'm grateful... but if only they spared a thought for the sick guy, that surely that was not the right place or time to suggest alternatives? For a patient who have had headaches and restless sleep since Nov 09, entertaining visitors when one was sick was simply no fun at all (to put it mildly).

If you think for a moment, the best thing friends could do for me now is simply to pray, and ask that God's plan and purpose for me be accomplished. That is the request I make of you, and that if members ask you about me, simply to tell them I am unwell and to remember me in their prayers if they will.

OK now, I need to go lie down and rest ( *grin* ) after writing this long explanation to my good friend and sister in the Lord !!

God bless and be well,

No comments:

Post a Comment