Hi ! Announcing the New INDEX Tab

The new INDEX Tab on the above Home menu bar replaces the old Archive and Label widgets. Now readers will find it easier to find content on this Blog! Tell your friends if you find this new feature useful. Thank you for your support!

2011-11-13 Sun: dear Dave - Beautiful love letter

12.50 pm: "How would I go when the time comes? Would I depart in pain?" seemed to weigh on my mind the past week. It became burdensome as time went on. Well, an interesting episode happened today. While researching short-crust pastry for my food blog I chanced upon this wonderful Christian food blog.  That in turn led to the dear wife Sandra who wrote a moving letter to her deceased husband. Please click on the link to read the lovely letter entitled: Dear Dave.

Dave Bricker, the subject mentioned in the post, passed away a few days earlier on Nov 5, 2011 - just a few days ago when I wrote this post. Funeral service was held on Nov 9, 2011 last week, four days ago.

I was moved when I read Sandra's letter to Dave one week after his funeral. She wrote beautifully. She captured her emotions succinctly and managed to convey them to the reader. I learnt that Dave wanted two things desperately from God: (1) to be spared the agony of the worsening pain of cancer and (2) to die at home. God granted Dave those two gifts: he died at home of a heart attack.

Significance of this episode? Well, the nudge was - it isn't so much that what I dread about and pray for will or won't happen. But more important - that it isn't my place to worry about the future! That's the responsibility of the Lord and I shouldn't be presumptious. Yes, forgive me, Lord, be it according to your Will!